Today I got an inkling to make chocolate chip cookies. This was because of my Aunt-in-law Laree's post about the best chocolate chip cookies.
Now, I believe that I have one of the best recipes for chocolate chip cookies, given to me by my father. He's famous among our family for them, and I am now famous among friends here for them as well.
You can find my recipe at the end of this post.
Now, my little helper was ready for our kitchen adventure- minus one aspect. She needed a chef's hat. So I sat upstairs next to my craft stuff and tried to think of a way to create one. Either I needed white paper or white cloth. And then my gaze traveled to some tube socks from a tie-dye experiment last year. I measured Emily's head, and determined that I needed three socks. I sliced them up their side, stitched around the bottom band, and turned the top into wedges. It was about ten minutes of making things up. My result?
I even impressed myself.
My little helper was happy to model her new hat:
And of course, she wanted to help me cook.
Dad's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
2 1/2 c Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 cup (2 sticks) Butter
1/2 c White Sugar
3/4 c Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Large Eggs
1 bag chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Blend together dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
In your mixer put the butter and sugars together. Blend until creamy.
Then add the eggs and vanilla, blend well again.
Slowly add the dry ingredients now, making sure to scrape the bowl occasionally.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Each cookie should be 1/4 cup of dough. On my biggest pan I only fit 8 cookies.
Cook about 14 minutes or until the bottom edges are just brown.
Tips:
* The butter must be at room temperature- OR! if you're a last minute planner like me, nuke it for 15 seconds on power level 5 (out of ten). Soft, not cold, but not melted either.
* Use REAL vanilla. We like to stock up when we travel to Mexico- or when we have a friend doing so. Also, I always add extra.
*For the chocolate, I always use semi sweet. I find milk chocolate to be too rich. Also, I use about 3/4 of a bag.
* Yes, each cookie should be big- 1/4 cup of dough. Leave plenty of room between them.
* Line the baking sheet with parchment or foil, its a quick clean up
* I put my cookies to cool on brown bags from my groceries (my dad's trick).
* Don't forget the glass of milk when enjoying these!
You are both adorable!
ReplyDeleteHave a cookie for me.
hmmm. I do believe I feel a challenge coming on . . .!
ReplyDelete