I've been on a thrift store kick recently in order to decorate my house cheaper (as well as get outside toys for Emily).
Today as I pulled up to my favorite store (hello 45 cent skirt) I saw someone donating yarn. A lot of yarn. I "tactfully" waited until she'd left, then pounced.
I asked if I could look at the yarn even though it wasn't out in the shop yet.
It seems yarn moves slowly and they were happy to pull it all out. 4 trag bags full. I said, how much? The lady said normally 35 cents a skein. But as no one wanted to count them, (or store them) I offered $20.
I went home with my treasures. I counted 135 skeins, about 15 cents apiece. It's all cheap red heart type yarn, but perfect for charity blankets.
Can't wait to put it to use!!!




Holy bags of yarn Batman!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Now that's a deal!
ReplyDelete