Mar 23, 2010

Eli

Ah yes, my dear sweet obnoxious little Eli.
He's a Rat terrier. Of sorts.  Not that he's ever had the opportunity to dig out any rats.  He has, however, dug in my backyard.  Leading to a very angry husband and a bath for both of them.  Because when anyone gives Eli a bath they end up rather wet too.

Anyway, Elli has very little fur.  It's short and thin and somehow still ends up ALL over my house, but that's another story entirely.
Due to his thin coat, he's cold a lot.  So I made him a sweater.  I looked up a ton of patterns for dog sweaters, and they all said basically the same thing.  But they were all girly.  So I grabbed a thick yarn left over from a hat for David (that it hasn't been quite cold enough to wear) and came up with this....

  
It's basically a giant long oval of double and half double crochet stitches.  I'd provide a pattern, but I just made it up as I went.  The strap under the belly is held on with buttons and it's still a little big.  Thus, it tends to slide down Eli's side sometimes.  Something to work on.  Maybe I'll just move the buttons.  In any case, it keeps him from shivering anymore. And that's the whole point.





And for a random photo moment, here's both David and Eli smushing me on the couch...
(Yes Google, insist if you  must that smushing is not a word. I'm still using it.)

1 comment:

  1. Cute pic!

    It always bugs me when the computer tells me a word isn't real. I KNOW it's not real, but it's what I want to say!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete