Jan 7, 2010

Crochet Madness

Crochet is a great way for me to do something mindless when I'm bored.
It also tends to yield cute, and thus enjoyable, results.  Which I then give away to people. =)

So today's post is a lot of photos with a lot of links to their patterns.
I claim none of these patterns as my own, I just added spunk and a little charisma.

We begin with Sleepy Sarah.
I also made a pink version of  this.  Both have been given away.
The pattern is available on Ravelry here


Next is an adorable bunny from "Amigurumi Two!" by Ana Paula Rimoli


Third we have a vampire from "Creepy Cute Crochet" by Christen Haden.
It's an awesome amigurumi book full of vampires and zombies and monsters and such.



Fourth is Daisy the Cow from "Super Cute Crochet" by Nicki Trench.
(My book collection is growing fast)


Now this next animal is a little odd.  The pattern is for a Lochness Monster in the book "Cute Little Animals" from Leisure Arts.  Only, I found the tail too long.  And by the time I made it to the face I was done with it.  So I ended up with a dragon.
Thing.



This next one is the Amigurumi Guy from Lion Brand Yarn.  Very fun and cute and easy to make.  Mine got a bonus heart on it's rear end.


 

These cute little turtles and owls are from Ana Paula Rimoli's other book, "Amigurumi World, Seriously Cute Crochet"


 

These next two photos are of Lemmings from PlanetJune.com



Now, this next photo is not crochet. It's what happens when you (and by you I mean you, mother in law) let Tacky glue get super old. It becomes a very stinky semi solid.



And last, but probably my most recent favorite:
Gnomes.
Pattern available here on Ravlery or Here is the blog



For this post I'd like to thank those who have bought me Amigurumi books (thanks Mom and Mawmaw!) and those that donated their time and tacky glue (Thanks Mom in law!)

Who knows what creatures will next appear?


4 comments:

  1. They're all so cute! I'm impressed! Perhaps mom in law should invest in some new glue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I'd know earlier - I gave that Mom in law hangers for Christmas because she needed new ones. I should have added the glue too!

    Cute stuff, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The females at our house all awwwed and giggled through this post!!! Yes, I have purchased new Tacky Glue!!!!

    Seriously cute stuff! The gnomes were my fav!!!!

    Hope you are still sane and smiling!

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW soo cute, crocheting is NOT relaxing to me, cause I don't do it well, You have done a really amazing job!! hope you and Hubby are great Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete