Have you ever wanted to jump on the bandwagon?
I must admit, I'm easily swayed into doing so. And when other people are blogging and talking to friends via blogs, it makes me want to join in to! Not to mention that I'm incredibly tired of using facebook to keep in touch. I love the idea of adding photos to ideas. I hate facebook's obsessiveness. They spam you with ads (which are incredibly repetitive) and people 'poke' you all the time. Let's not go into how much I hate 'poking.'
My mom has a blog. She's quite a knitter, and her blog is all about knitting. She's currently working on a pair of socks for my husband. And a tank top for herself. And a few other projects. Mom's always working on many knitting projects, not all of which get finished.
Even my mother-in-law is a blogger. She loves writing all about her family and their adventures. Nothing is ever quiet in that household, it's a very fun place to hang out.
So here I am blogging. Not my first time to do so, I had a website a long long time ago (okay, 8th grade. Which was in 1999, and is a long time ago for me) with a few friends from school. We weren't very good website creators, but it amused us enough.
Why am I blogging? Well, I'm all about not being left behind. Also, husband and I are headed into a brand new chapter of our lives (married) and we'll be leaving family behind soon. I think this is a great way to keep everyone back home updated. Plus, it's a neat way to keep a record of what's happening in our lives.
AND because I'm bored.
"But Jess, why I are you bored?" I can hear you asking.
So I'll tell you.
I'm here at home, not working due to tendonitis in my right shoulder. I'm a photographer who, up until a week ago, spent 40+ hours a week photographing portraits. This job requires me to hold a heavy camera (somewhere between 5 and 8 pounds) at eye level for hours on end. It's not easy on my body apparently, and now lifting said cameras gives me serious pain. So I had to quit my job to keep my shoulder from getting worse (which would create a need for surgery) and now it's able to rest.
Well, as much rest as I can let it while I find things to entertain myself with.
It's not easy to live at your parents house with no job. I like working, it keeps me busy, makes us money, lets me get out my creative obsessions.
It's not too bad though, the job was only temporary as I'm moving when the husband gets home. Did I mention he's in Iraq? A story for another day.
So for now here's post #1. I haven't really said anything yet, but like the blog title says, Spastic Babble is what I do best.
yea! I'm excited to stay updated on your life!! I love your babble! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd your mom blogs too!! Who knew, I'll be following them both!! I'm very excited that we'll be able to keep tabs on each other this way after you move far, far away! (THAT'S a sad thought!)
ReplyDeleteI think you just named your crabs: Spastic and Babble!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun blog.
Oooh good ideas!
ReplyDeleteFor now though they won't be named until we're sure they're going to live.